How to become a new patient
The first step to becoming a new patient at the UCSF Headache Center is to have your Primary Care Physician fax us a referral to (415) 353-9539
. To facilitate the referral, we require the following information:
- The patient's full name
- THE PATIENT'S DATE OF BIRTH
- The contact information for the patient
- The insurance information (and authorization)
- Copy of insurance card (back and front)
- The name, address and telephone number of the referring physician
- The name, address and telephone numbers of the other physicians involved in the patient’s care (if available)
- Reason for consult
- Progress Notes that pertains to the diagnosis of migraines/headaches
- Past medical history
- Past surgical history
- Medication allergies
- Imaging reports, lab results and ECG/EKG Reports
- Consult letters of other consultants
- Medication list
- Current medications
- Past headache medications
- The highest dose of the medication used.
- When the medication was started and approximately how long it was used.
- If the medication helped the headache
- Any side effects from the medication.
The UCSF Department of Radiology Imaging Library offers a secure and convenient way for you to electronically send your images to our clinic via web. If you are interested in sending us your images via ReferralBox, please read this document
(Need link to lifeimage info) for more information and contact the clinic for an email notification to be sent to you.
Please be aware that there are many different insurance plans that we accept. Many insurances require prior authorization to the Headache Center. Even if your insurance does not require prior insurance authorization, we require a PCP referral in order to schedule an appointment.
What to bring with you to your appointment
- Photo ID and insurance card
- Completed New Patient Forms (link to PDF)
- Headache Diary
- List of questions that you may have
Our office is open on weekdays from 8:30am to 5:00pm, closed weekends and holidays
2330 Post street, Suite 610, San Francisco, CA 94115